- Access Bangladesh Foundation is a leading national NGO dedicated to promote equality for persons with disabilities in all spheres of life, through education, health care, appropriate training, employment, communication, and barrier free environment.
- Access Bangladesh Foundation is implementing the Bangladesh Inclusion Works Project as an implementing partner of Sightsavers in Dhaka, Gazipur and Narsingdi District. The Project is funded by the UK Department for International Development (“DFID”) under the terms of a grant arrangement between Sightsavers and DFID.
- Job Location: Savar Upazila under Dhaka District
- Employment Status: Contractual (till 30 June 2022, subject to availability of funding)
- Manage all accounting and financial affairs of the project;
- Review budgets with monitoring procedures and manage expenses within approved budget;
- Ensure audit preparedness and facilitate internal and external audit of the projects;
- Maintain continuous coordination with the management for financial affairs;
- Ensure proper record keeping/ accounting of the project operations;
- Ensure quality reporting to donor /government is delivered on time as per requirements;
- Ensure Vendor payment as well as staff payment including salary and benefits;
- Ensure deduction of Tax and VAT from vendor and staff and deposit as per Govt. rules;
- Ensure effective and efficient utilization of the funds authorized for the purpose;
- Assist management in the reviewing of policies;
- Ensure financial book keeping of all transactions;
- Ensure proper maintenance of financial records of income, expenditure, assets & liabilities of the project;
- Ensure bills and vouchers received from different programs/individuals are in line with agreed budget;
- Verify appropriateness of documents (bills and vouchers) and required supporting documents;
- Ensure payment through cash and cheque are done according to financial manual;
- Prepare and submit financial forecast for the project;
- Reconciliation of Bank Statement for each project for each month;
- Maintain project accounts and produce financial report accordingly;
- Coordinate with the project team to ensure proper planning and budget;
- Annual update of the project FD-6 and coordinate NGOAB as appropriate for fund clearance.
- Perform any other duties as instructed by the competent authority.
- Master in Accounting/MBA major in Finance/Accounting/ CA (CC) discipline from a reputed University/ institute.
- At least 5 year(s)
- Age at most 40 years
- At least 5 year(s) in the NGO field
- Proficiency in using finance management software (TALLY).
- Ability to work in a team; under time pressure; and long office hour when needed
- Have ability to analyze complex problems, evaluate alternatives and implement
- Have skills on creative recommendations, organize work, set priorities, meet deadlines, and complete assignments with minimal supervision ;
- Have excellent knowledge on MS Office;
- Excellent language skills both English and Bengali;
- Honesty and high level of integrity;
- Need to be highly motivated and committed to Access Bangladesh’s vision, mission, and improve the lives of the most vulnerable and marginalized people.
- BDT 35,000 per month, other benefits are: one festival bonus per year and mobile allowances.
Read Before Apply
Any personal persuasion/phone-call will result in disqualification of candidature.
*Photograph must be enclosed with the resume.
firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 19 September, 2019.
Only short listed candidates will be invited for interview.
- Jobs Source Desikaj.com