- The job will be based in Educo BD office, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Fixed term contract, 1-year with a probationary period and extendable for a longer period.
- Based at Bangladesh, the Country Director is responsible for developing the programme at the national level;
- integration of sectoral initiatives into coherent programme consistent with Educo’s priorities;
- initiate new policies and programme in a specific subject area or field of work;
- implementing the strategy in relation to the country plan through programme execution and monitoring;
- ensuring that the actions, projects and programs are carried out and/or supported by Educo have the greatest possible impact in the lives of children and participate in institutional learning.
- We expect this person can go beyond established procedures or models and can substantively contribute to reflect new approaches which materially expand Educo’s range of services, projects and programmes delivered.
- This position must ensure to lead and manage the development of a resource mobilization strategy that are align to Educo’s priority, and institutional representation to local and international institutions in order to achieve strategic objectives.
- The director should strengthen and accompany the team by applying criteria with the greatest efficiency and should motivate and coordinate the country teams in line with the mission, principles and values of the organization.
- S/he will also be in charge of the security aspects of the delegation.
- Degree in development/social work or related discipline, postgraduate degree preferred. Other backgrounds will be considered if accompanied by adequate job experience.
- At least 5 year(s)
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in same level in an international organization or an international NGO, in preference working in child rights organizations.
- Proven experience in programme development, resource mobilization, team management, program operations management (direct and with local partners), finance and compliance management, influencing and representation.
- Successful experience in searching and managing funds and developing funding proposals.
- Excellent team/people management skills.
- Good communication skills in English; Bengali, Spanish and French a plus.
- Commitment to Educo’s values and principles
- Results oriented person
- Ability to work with different stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate complex, technical information in a simple and articulate manner.
- Cross-cultural comprehension
- Gross annual salary 3,700,000 BDT (all extra payments included), negotiable depending on the candidate`s experience and competencies.
Read Before Apply
- Jobs Source Desikaj.com