- ROLE SUMMARY: This position would bear the end-to-end responsibility of the “Head of Technical” in this role for the company`s overall Bangladesh operations. Analyzing Project, Process & Operations and providing relevant world-class sustainable solutions for continuous improvement, streamlining processes (Projects and Operations) so that the business operates at maximum efficiency with highest standards of Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental performance, assisting with training and recruitment of new staff members, liaising and negotiating with statutory stakeholders, contractors, suppliers, local and foreign vendors and other relevant business partners will be key deliverables for the position.
- This position will be managing entire Manufacturing Operations along with Projects. (experience of Rice & Edible Oils Refinery operations will be of added advantage).
- Establishes plans and executes major milestones with regular reviews and satisfactorily passes decision gates for completion of the program and project life cycle. Ensures all the required products are produced and reviewed, including the technical leadership of requirements management, implementation, system integration, verification, test, quality assurance, delivery, operations, and sustainment of the technical solution.
- Designs and implements processes to monitor and control resources, budget, risks, and value to Business Objectives.
- Support operations to drive lean and continuous improvement both internally and externally through Supply Chain.
- Liaise with customers and marketing to establish and ensure FTR supply of products with on-time full-quantity deliveries.
- Manage all regulatory, quality and compliance requirements and ensure documentation and processes are up-to-date and always in accordance with current legislations.
- Continuously identify new technologies and technical developments for relevant processes and implement the same for local operations in cost-efficient manners.
- Ability to lead and motivate cross-functional teams and interact with all levels.
- Negotiate and establish various supply, production and works contracts with various vendors, suppliers and contractors – local and abroad – in the most efficient manner and ensure that all contracts are executed on-time no-error basis.
- Post graduate in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical) or Graduate in Engineering with MBA from any local or abroad reputed university / institution.
- 15 to 20 year(s)
- QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE:
- 15-20 years of working experience in a sizeable heavy industry/manufacturing organization. Working with food company operations/ project would be an added advantage (Rice, flour, edible oil).
- Proven hands-on working experience as a project lead in any manufacturing organization.
- Excellent negotiation skills with vendor & suppliers.
- Strong leadership abilities with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Positive and team working attitude as a business leader to work relentlessly for achieving the company goals.
- Experienced and knowledgeable in managing various statutory bodies in obtaining relevant licenses and permits for new/green-field projects and operations.
- SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Able to work independently and as an efficient and dynamic leader for multi-functional teams.
- Superior cost and time management, planning and execution skills.
- Exceedingly self-motivated and possessing extra-ordinary follow-up skills to get jobs done with on-time, in-full and no-error results.
- Strong knowledge of production and process machinery and techniques.
- Working knowledge on plant and machinery maintenance and troubleshooting. Knowledge and experience of practical TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) management systems will be preferred.
- Hands-on working knowledge with AutoCAD, Project Management tools and software.
- Ability to perform annual budgeting and CAPEX plans with relevant financial analysis for multiple operational sites and lead the execution for the same within the operating year.
- Expertise on cost-management and budget-control processes.
- Exceptionally strong sense of commitment and accountability.
- KEY SKILLS:
- Superior communication skills in both Bangla and English. Verbal ability in Hindi/Chinese will be of high advantage in the role.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Problem solver especially in crisis situations.
- Good managerial skills.
- Achievement orientation.
- Jobs Source Desikaj.com