- Access Bangladesh Foundationis a leading national NGO dedicated to promote equality for persons with disabilities in all spheres of life, through education, health care, appropriate training, employment, communication, and barrier free environment.
- Access Bangladesh Foundation is implementing the Bangladesh Inclusion Works Project as an implementing partner of Sightsavers in Dhaka, Gazipur and Narsingdi District. The Project is funded by the UK Department for International Development (“DFID”) under the terms of a grant arrangement between Sightsavers and DFID.
- Job Location: One post in each project location Dhaka, Gazipur and Narsingdi.
- Employment Status: Contractual (till 30 June 2022, subject to availability of funding)
- Identify and select trainees with disabilities for enrolling in the skills system;
- Maintain records, update of trainees (Family background, educational, training and experiences etc) in coordination with the Job placement Officer;
- Enable trainees to select appropriate trade;
- Track progress of the trainees;
- Collect jobs demands for youth with disabilities from the Labor Market;
- Maintain strong relationship with prospective job providers for upcoming employment opportunities;
- Organize trainings, apprenticeships, internships for youth with disabilities;
- Plan and execute placement of the training graduates/job-seekers with disabilities;
- Visit field regularly in the training institutes for the progress tracking;
- Supervise the Job Placement Volunteers and selected DPOs in working areas;
- Lead to collect information of unemployed persons with disability in working areas;
- Arrange different training/workshops for building capacity of DPOs;
- Mobilize youth with disabilities and their parents about the benefit of skills training and support to get admission in the TVET institutes;
- Select persons with disabilities to provide assistive devices as per their requirements;
- Build a good relationship with local DPOs and other resource organizations;
- Conduct advocacy with the local Government officials to facilitate training and employment opportunities for persons with disabilities;
- Organize seminars, workshops and others events at the local levels to full fill project targets;
- Write different case studies to promote employment opportunities for persons with disabilities;
- Participate and represent the organization in the local levels meetings/networking events.
- Bachelor Degree in Sociology, Social Welfare or other relevant discipline from a reputed University.
- No 3rd division/class will be considered.
- At least 3 year(s)
- Age at most 35 years
- At least 3 year(s) of working experience in the field level of Non-profit organizations
- Minimum 3 years post qualification experiences in the field of NGOs
- Candidates need to be highly motivated and committed to work with persons with disabilities;
- Strong and inspirable leadership and community mobilization capacity is essential;
- Experience or ability to correspond with prospective recruiters across Bangladesh for placements and Internships;
- Strong networking skills to coordinate with potential employers;
- Ability to help students in identifying employment options that match their career interests;
- Having willingness to work at Dhaka, Gazipur and Narsingdi;
- Sound knowledge on Advocacy and Rights for persons with disabilities;
- Good reporting and communication skills both oral and written in English and Bangla;
- Good computer skills e.g. MS words, power point, excels etc.;
- Basic knowledge on Disability and development is preferable;
- Honesty and high level of integrity;
- Need to be highly motivated and committed to Access Bangladesh’s vision, mission, and improve the lives of the most vulnerable and marginalized people.
Dhaka, Gazipur, Narsingdi
- BDT 16,000 per month, other benefits are: one festival bonus per year and mobile allowances.
Read Before Apply
Occupational Therapists are highly encouraged to apply.
Any personal persuasion/phone-call will result in disqualification of candidature.
*Photograph must be enclosed with the resume.
email@example.com on or before19 September, 2019.
Only short listed candidates will be invited for interview.
- Jobs Source Desikaj.com