- Access Bangladesh Foundation is a leading national NGO dedicated to promote equality for persons with disabilities in all spheres of life, through education, health care, appropriate training, employment, communication, and barrier free environment.
- Access Bangladesh Foundation is implementing the Bangladesh Inclusion Works Project as an implementing partner of Sightsavers in Dhaka, Gazipur and Narsingdi District. The Project is funded by the UK Department for International Development (“DFID”) under the terms of a grant arrangement between Sightsavers and DFID.
- Job Location: Savar Upazila under Dhaka District. This position requires frequent field visit to the project areas.
- Employment Status: Contractual (till 30 June 2022, subject to availability of funding)
- Organize meetings/workshops/seminars/consultations as needed with relevant stakeholders (e.g. government officials, community, employers, trade bodies, TVET institutes, Industrial Skills Councils (ISCs), trainees and job-seekers with disabilities etc.);
- Assist in developing and disseminating necessary promotional and communication materials;
- Assist in developing a job placement strategy and initiate to implement that properly;
- Assist in conducting surveys as required for identifying skills requirement of industry/sector and other employers as well as jobs demands;
- Contact prospective employers and recruiting agencies and motivate them for providing employment to youth with disabilities ;
- Prepare pre-employment profile of the graduates, update accordingly and make plan for wage employment;
- Conduct career guidance sessions of the job-seekers with disabilities;
- Facilitate in arranging trainings, apprenticeship, internship for job-seekers with disabilities;
- Develop local resource mobilization mechanism to attain project targets and ensure its effective implementation;
- Ensue trainee tracking through effective functioning of the Job Portal, provide timely inputs and maintain updated database;
- Sensitize employers for employment of youth with disabilities;
- Follow-up the work places and monitor post-employment status and update Job Portal, prepare and share report accordingly;
- Establish and maintain linkages and network with employers, employers’ association/organizations and other stakeholders and act strategically for its functioning;
- Conduct effective job counseling session and arrange mock interviews for the job-seekers with disabilities;
- Collect primary and secondary data relating to tracer studies, job market surveys and other studies as required;
- Prepare case studies of successful graduates and provide information for updating Access Bangladesh Foundation’s website and other communication channels and marketing interventions as required;
- Maintain strict confidentiality of information, documents and other internal and external communications;
- Maintain close liaison with industries for placement of trainees;
- Collect feedback from the employers;
- Keep in touch with employers to stay updated with the new job vacancies that come up;
- Prepare monthly work plan and progress reports;
- Supervise the Job Placement Facilitators;
- Conduct advocacy with relevant Government and non-government organizations at national and local levels for creating employment opportunities;
- Arrange job fairs in collaboration with government and private organizations;
- Arrange trainings on soft skills for job-seekers with disabilities to prepare them for interview and work place behavior.
- Master degree in Development Studies/Social Science or in any other relevant discipline, Master degree in any discipline /B.Sc in PT/OT/SLT from a reputed University.
- No 3rd division/class will be considered.
- At least 5 year(s)
- Age at most 40 years
- At least 5 year(s)of working experience in the field of Non-profit organizations.
- Minimum 5 years post qualification experiences in the field of NGOs including 2 years in job placement officer experience;
- Candidates need to be highly motivated and committed to work with persons with disabilities;
- Strong and inspirable leadership and community mobilization capacity is essential
- Capacity on networking and collaboration with Govt. office, local government, employers, TVET institutes and local civil society;
- Experience or ability to correspond with prospective recruiters across Bangladesh for placements and Internships;
- Strong networking skills to coordinate with potential employers;
- Ability to help students in identifying employment options that match their career interests;
- Having willingness to travel frequently in Dhaka, Gazipur and Narsingdi;
- Sound knowledge on Advocacy and Rights for persons with disabilities;
- Good reporting and communication skills both oral and written in English and Bangla;
- Good computer skills e.g. MS words, power point, excels etc;
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills to meet the diverse technical and managerial requirements of the program and to effectively coordinate with a wide range of stakeholders;
- Sound Technical knowledge and skill to provide guidance to field staff on job placement.
- Basic knowledge on Disability and development is preferable;
- Have skills on creative recommendations, organize work, set priorities, meet deadlines, and complete assignments with minimal supervision;
- Honesty and high level of integrity;
- Need to be highly motivated and committed to Access Bangladesh’s vision, mission, and improve the lives of the most vulnerable and marginalized people.
- BDT 40,000 per month, other benefits are: one festival bonus per year and mobile allowances.
Read Before Apply
Any personal persuasion/phone-call will result in disqualification of candidature.
*Photograph must be enclosed with the resume.
email@example.com on or before 19 September, 2019.
Only short listed candidates will be invited for interview.
- Jobs Source Desikaj.com