Based in Cox`s Bazar and Reports to the Senior Program Officer- GEP
Job Description / Responsibility
- Support Social Mobilizers (SM) to ensure they are providing targeted and appropriate support so that girls receive quality life skills sessions and parents receive quality parent workshops aligned to the standards in our worldwide program content packages;
- Support Social Mobilizers to facilitate group discussions which may include providing ideas for discussion topics and coaching the SMs on how to handle difficult topics;
- Ensure Social Mobilizers know how to coach to identify and support girls at risk of dropping or failing out of school using Room to Read’s risk and response protocol;
- Conduct Social Mobilizers performance reviews;
- Facilitate Social Mobilizers review meetings to discuss and identify solutions to challenges Social Mobilizers are facing, challenges with data collection, or other field-level program implementation challenges;
- Supports the Senior Program Manager to ensure overall program implementation quality, including local adaptation of Room to Read’s worldwide program content, meets Room to Read’s standards;
- Ensure school authorities and communities are supportive of the program and fulfilling the agreements they made;
- Conduct training for Social Mobilizers which may include co-facilitating training sessions with Senior Program Manager;
- Participate in regular trainings and meetings with Room to Read staff, as planned;
- Participate in regular review meetings and any other activities that may be required to be undertaken to fulfill the objectives of the organization;
- Coordinate with other Program Officers/Program Manager to implement GEP activities;
- Participate in donor site visits and provide information to donors about Room to Read’s Girls’ Education Program as needed.
- Planning, Reporting and Documentation
- Ensure the Social Mobilizers are monitoring and keeping records of girls including attendance, academic performance, and other program activities as required per the program design;
- Prepare and review regular staff reports;
- Participate in annual planning and budgeting for project areas of assignment;
- Responsible for expenses and expense reporting in project areas of assignment;
- Document best practices, case studies and lessons learned and share with the GEP Team, as needed.
Master’s degree in a related field (e.g. education, social work, community development).
At least 5 year(s)
- Only females are allowed to apply
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Prior experience in planning and facilitating trainings.
- Prior experience coaching others.
- Good interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Strong organizational and planning skills including the ability to monitor progress of program implementation.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously and take initiative.
- Prior success working closely and building relationships with diverse groups of people.
- Experience working with and or counseling adolescent girls.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Fluency in language spoken by girls.
- English fluency.
- Provident Fund
- 13th Month Bonus
- Discretionary Performance Bonus
- Health coverage including spouse and children
- Professional Development opportunities. The most significant benefit is the opportunity to work with one of the fastest growing international organizations, which has sole focus on education & continuously innovating efficient & effective social entrepreneurship
- Other Benefits Gender: Female
- Jobs Source Desikaj.com